Driving Without A License

"Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.  For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."  Jude 1:3, 4

My friend and I came within a second of being in a terrible car accident.  We were driving along and engrossed in conversation when, suddenly and without warning, a dilapidated white van peeled off on the left and came right at us.  My friend swiftly swerved to the right to avoid a collision.  The driver of the van didn't stop.  Nor did he look back to see if the vehicle he just cut off was O. K.  "Blankety-blank illegal!"  My buddy said.  "He probably doesn't even have his driver's license!" 

How many times a day do we give our minds permission to "drive" where God does not grant a license to do so?  I lose count of the many times I have entertained a carnal thought, cherished a favored sin or indulgence or let my musings or imaginations to recklessly meander to places where the godly should not ever go!  But God does not grant me or anyone the license to do that.  Instead, He commands us and calls us to "not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."  Romans 12:2.  It's time for us to stop taking the "sinmobile" out for a wild ride and get in the "gracemobile" of a transformed thought-life, a mind renewed after the image of God's mind.  "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 2:5.  It's time to stop driving without a license to sin.  Pull over and let the mind of Christ be our mind.  Let Jesus take the wheel of your thoughts and attitudes and lead you to a life of integrity, principle and loving obedience.

Get My Kindle Devotional Book Here!

"Loving Lord, please renew my mind after the image of Christ today.  Transform my mind through your grace and power to think your thoughts after You, and to not even entertain sinful desires.  I thank You in Jesus' loving name.  Amen."

Comments

Popular Posts