A Way of Escape

1 Corinthians 10:13, 14 
"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.  Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry."

Prayer: 
Dear Lord, I feel so weak, so vulnerable to the devil's incessant attacks against me. I feel helpless and powerless against the constant barrage of temptations without and temptations within.  I'm sorely tempted to give up the struggle and give in to the sinful desires of my unregenerate heart.  I've been leaning on my own understanding.  I have not waited upon You and sought Your counsel, but have taken counsel with my own heart in the vain effort to deliver myself from my distress.  I have yielded to my doubts and fears and lost sight of You.  I let the stress and pressure of my test overwhelm me, and have magnified my challenges so that I feel lost, confused and dismayed.  My feet have slipped.  I have stumbled and fallen. But You are faithful, O God!  There is none like You, none beside You!  You know my frailty and empathize with me in my infirmity.  You alone truly understand, and You truly care.  Lift me up O God, with Your loving hands of mercy. Deliver me from the pit of doubt, sin and despair into which I have fallen. Plant my feet firmly upon the Rock Christ Jesus. Forgive my many sins and save me from Satan's snares.  Restore me in the paths of righteousness, and cause me to walk in obedience to Your word.  Help me to surrender my all to You and joyfully submit myself to Your will.  Help me to trust in You with all my heart and to stop leaning on my own understanding. Keep me close by Your side so that I do not stray or roam anymore. Give me your peace that passes all understanding, and bless me and my house. Help us to follow and serve You always and to put all our trust in You.  Lift us up from where we have fallen.  Take us to the place of grace that You design for us to occupy. Bless and save us, O God, and thank You for hearing and answering this sinner's prayer. I make my request in the name of Jesus. Amen.


Comments

Popular Posts